As a member of the Open Virtualization Alliance, CloudCruiser was the first cloud financial management solution to support OpenStack. Aligning with OpenStack’s mission to deliver solutions that are simple to implement, massively scalable, and vendor-neutral, our solution offers several valuable features. These include a “minutes-to-launch” wizard-based install; quick and easy onboarding of new services, customers, and pricing models; and a heterogeneous chargeback and multi-tenant billing solution that provides enterprises and service providers with a scalable, open financial management system that crosses both cloud and traditional IT environments.
Drawing on our real-world customer experience in Openstack deployments, Cloud Cruiser has developed sophisticated integrations to Openstack (both via ceilometer and Cloud Cruiser’s own custom collection process) that enable enterprises and service providers to capture granular data on a metered basis across storage, processing, RAM, and networking platforms. The result is access to the most up-to-date usage data captured at high performance and in the most efficient way.
OpenStack Billing Solution
OpenStack is a cloud computing project with over one-hundred members including industry giants such as AMD, Citrix, Dell, and Intel. Cloud Cruiser's solution for OpenStack includes workflow tools that offer accounting and management features for optimizing costs in cloud environments. We've helped to transform the economics of OpenStack clouds by creating business insights from the granular metrics. Users now have the capability to gain control of costs and visibility of their cloud-based computing environments with new tools to measure, manage and optimize capex and opex costs.
With Cloud Cruiser for OpenStack, you can:
- Automate chargeback and multi-tenant billing for your OpenStack cloud based public or private computing environment, plus extend beyond your OpenStack environment, if necessary
- Integrate additional IT costs such as facilities, labor, and software licenses for complete IT financial management
- Implement agile pricing models to align with enterprise or service provider business requirements
- Offer secure, self-service customer cost portals for anytime access to usage and spending
- Be up and running in minutes with Cloud Cruiser’s built-in collector for OpenStack