Cloud is changing the way you deliver technology services to the business. In fact, it’s changed what you focus on day-to-day. You no longer worry about how to eke more life out of existing servers or juggle an impossibly long list of requests. With cloud’s agility, you now focus on procuring the right cloud services to meet the needs of the business and managing the consumption and cost of those services.
To deliver superior business value, you need to align services delivery with specific business and user needs. Working collaboratively you need to:
- Clearly articulate the cost and quality of services across a variety of platforms and vendors
- Make it easy for your business consumers to get their hands on the data they need – for budgets, for project planning – whatever they need, whenever they need it
- Monitor hybrid clouds or multi clouds and eliminate costly service interruptions or expensive over-provisioning
- Provide accurate, fair, and defensible reporting of cloud usage by user and costs
Optimize Hybrid or Multi-Cloud Environments
There are an exploding number of choices in how services can be delivered and the business depends on you to provide the greatest agility and lowest cost. To manage your hybrid or multi-cloud environments, you need to:
- Map consumption and costs to the users consuming those services – across multiple clouds, both public and private
- Identify how to make your clouds perform more efficiently, utilizing the best resources for each task
- Use forecasting and consumption trend analyses to project service delivery costs based on actual usage
- Normalize the presentation of cost and usage data across clouds, so you can make true apples-to-apples comparisons no matter what you are starting with.
More and more, IT professionals are playing the role of IT broker, a trusted adviser to the business who ensures that the right services are available at the right price and the right time. To successfully deliver services, IT brokers must:
- Provide choice in services and vendors to ensure that the right services are available to meet the business need
- Deliver cost and usage transparency such that business owners can effectively compare services and align with both their budgetary and business requirements
- Deliver timely showback or chargeback reports – or even better, self-service reports – that are in a language that makes sense to your business users